Wednesday 18 September 2013

My purpose

By the time I become an old woman and wrinkled with age, I’ll still be given to meditation and prayer.
I would enjoy sitting in a rocker, listening to soft music, reading a good book, maybe even writing. Probably swallowing prescriptions,  and contemplating  the universe and all that sorround me with a great sense of fulfilment.
I would probably get under some people´s skin. I would be surrounded by lots of love and tenderness from family, grandchildren and friends.
But such activity might offer no challenge and make no contribution. Maybe, I would get bored and cranky occasionally.
So, today I wish to be up and doing. I wish to face each day with resolution and purpose. I wish to use every waking hour to give encouragement, to bless those whose burdens are heavy, to inspire, to motivate, to strenghten, to educate, to heal, to cheer and to build faith and strength of testimony.

This is my calling and my purpose!

What is yours?

No comments: