Saturday 1 March 2014

The heart of the matter.

I am one of the many people who believe that their Mums are the best. I won't be the first to sing my Mum's praise.
It is indeed, no secret to everyone that know me that my mum was the strongest influence in my life. I speak about my Mum, every chance I get. I never think twice about telling anyone who cares to listen about the kind of mother and woman my Mum was and the impact she had and still has on my life and the life of my entire family.
Everything I am today and everything I aspire to be in the future, I owe to my mum and the foundation she laid for me and my 6 siblings.
Yes! There are 7 of us!
The woman went and had 7 children. She didn't stop there, she also adopted quite a number of other children, but I won't bother you with how many of us there are. You probably won't believe me.

She was like most mothers, sacrificing everything to give all of us a good life. She taught us so many different things in so many different ways and these days, in my day to day, I find her everywhere. I hear her in everything, speaking, helping, guiding, cajoling, insisting, giving me the eye or simply doing whatever is needed to get me to do things right.

I have decided to share some of the lessons I learnt from her and I'm still learning.

I invite you to join me in this ride and to hear the words of the world's greatest Mum, Wife, Sister, Nurse, Midwife, Matron, Deaconess, Friend and Mother-in-law...
While reading, you might find or recognize your own Mum, you might hear the voice or the words of that wonderful woman you call Mum... If you do, let us know. If you don't, I hope that you'll be able to share her wisdom.

No comments: