Wednesday 24 September 2014

Letting them birds free.

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone."

"They soar and your heart soars with joy at the beauty. They break free and you rejoice at the sight of liberty. They might come back to perch on your garden and thus gladden your heart.

You might never get to see them again, but you will feel lighter at the memory they left behind and every time you see a bird flying, you will feel free, you will feel light just because you have given the gift of freedom to someone else.

And, assuredly, birds of different bright and beautiful colours will never cease to hover over your sky. You will always be surrounded by beauty and peace.

I guess I just miss my friend."

No comments: