Monday 29 September 2014

That Thing called Change.

It has been said that the only constant thing in life is change.
This I have found to be an irrefutable truth.
However, I have also marvelled at how frantically people seem to resist and kick against change, thereby making their lives a wee bit more stressful and complicated.

Today, I want to encourage you to reflect on both the inevitability and the necessity of change. Know and accept that life is full of changes.

I wish you will welcome change whenever and however it comes. I hope you'll be able to deal positively with change. I pray you will understand that life is dynamic. Understand that change begets change. I entreat you to welcome the certainty that the world never stays the same.

And, above all, you need to understand that you, as an individual, do not remain the same. You should not. You must not. And you must not expect anyone else to.


Change is uncomfortable and even terrifying. Change is filled with uncertainties and unpredictabilities. The incertitude will be there, and every step of the way might be shrouded in perplexities and misgivings. But you must resist the temptation to settle into your comfort zone. You must refuse to stop evolving.

Overcome your fears.
Get over your doubts.
Conquer your limitations.
And, welcome Change. Accept it. Embrace it.

For as my people say, "you cannot watch the dance of the masquerade standing still". You can’t go anywhere when you’re standing still.

No comments: