In life, it is easy to get caught up in challenging situations and forget who we are, what we are, and how far we can go. So, today and over the next few posts, I will be sharing some remarkable words by both men and women and use their words to create a reminder for myself and for women in general, but also for the menfolks. Compiling and bringing together quotes that inspire, empower, motivate and gently or abruptly remind us of the magnitude of the gifts that we have, and of how potentially powerful we really are.
Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed putting them together, and of course, you can tell us the quotes which most got to you and as well share any of your favourite quotes with us:
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” - Maya Angelou.
- “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” - Coco Chanel
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” - Eleanor Roosevelt.
- “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” - Robert A. Heinlein
- “Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men.” - Joseph Conrad
- “I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” - Anaïs Nin
- “Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.” - George Carlin, When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?
- “What would men be without women? Scarce, sir...mighty scarce.” - Mark Twain
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” - Oprah Winfrey
- “How wrong is it for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself?” - Anaïs Nin
- “Women only nag when they feel unappreciated.” - Louis de Bernières, Captain Corelli's Mandolin
- “The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” - Anna Quindlen.
- “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” - Katharine Hepburn.
- “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” - Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
- “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt.
- “There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women. - Madeleine Albright (Keynote speech at Celebrating Inspiration luncheon with the WNBA's All-Decade Team, 2006)”
- “When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. – Helen Keller.