Monday 24 November 2014

A generous hand and a grateful heart!


Learning to be both generous and thankful will prove to be indeed a direct link to miracles, even if
you don't believe in miracles.

When you learn to be grateful for what you've been given, you'll be given more. When you give of what you have, you will receive more.
Something as simple as sharing toys, sharing clothing, books, even candies and treats was a vital part of growing up. Sometimes, we didn't like it, but we did it anyways. And then we became used to it and now it is a way of life. And we are reaping of the joys and the immense harvest that comes as a result.
We had to say "thank you" after a meal, when you receive your school supplies or you get that chocolate or ice-cream, when you are taken to the zoo, when you get that crayon, that book or that treat you've waited ages for, when you get your hair done, or someone helps get your nails cut or helps you zip your dress. It doesn't matter what,  how big or small the gift or act is, you absolutely had to say "thank you".
You might think that that's only to be expected, but then this is something which a lot of people are taking for granted these days.
This was a rule from which Mum was not exempted. She said "thank you" to us, when we finished our food, when we showered ourselves or a younger sibling. She said "thank you" when you get your chores done, do your homework or when you bring home good results from school. It didn't matter what it was, how big or small, Mum said "thank you".
I remember that a few months after I got married, one of my first complaints was that I didn't feel appreciated by my husband. The darling man had to gently remind me that he was not my Mum, who said "thank you" for everything. 

There will be time when you will not like to do these things. Sometimes, you might not feel like it. Sometimes, the recipient might not be totally deserving of it. But we should do it anyway. Sometimes, the results are not always as expected, but we shouldn't stop doing it.
The rewards comes in many different shapes, sizes and colours. You might know it or you might not know it, but, they will indeed come.

I can't claim to have everything I want, but I do have everything that truly matters here and now. I am thankful for that which I have been given, I willingly share of them and I have no doubt in my mind that every other thing is coming and in abundance in the fullness of time.

Your generous hand and your thankful heart will not only always bring you many blessings, and open countless doors for you, it will also bless the lives of others and bring them joy.

No comments: